For most patients, basic preventive and restorative care is all that is needed to maintain a healthy beautiful smile. However, if you would like to change your smile to become more esthetically pleasing, our office offers a number of procedures that can improve the appearance of your teeth.
Cosmetic procedures we offer include:
- Veneers and crowns
- In-office and at-home whitening
- Fixing chips and cracks
- Closing spaces between teeth
- Replacing old, unattractive dental fillings and restorations
Veneers are thin pieces of porcelain that are custom made by our quality dental laboratory to the exact shape and shade specifications for your new smile. Veneers are a very conservative treatment, as little to no dental structure needs to be removed to achieve the ideal shape and color you desire. Veneers can be used to “permanently whiten” your teeth, close spaces between your teeth, and give you a permanent cosmetic solution.
At Foster Family Dental, we offer two methods to whiten your teeth, both of which are tremendously effective:
- In-office whitening. In as little as 30 minutes, your teeth can be dramatically whiter, and the results can last up to a year. Dr. Foster uses EZ-White, a light-activated whitening system that is safe and conservative, producing little to no sensitivity in most patients.
- Custom trays: Known as the traditional professional whitening method, custom trays can be made to fit your teeth for at-home whitening. Though the results are more gradual than in-office whitening, there are many advantages to having custom trays made. Touch-ups are easy and cost effective, and you can take advantage of the many different whitening products and strengths we offer at our office.
If you need a filling, there are two main materials that can be used to do the job – amalgam or composite resin. Both are safe to use and effective. The difference is the cosmetic result. Amalgam is a traditional metal filling that looks like a silver or gray spot against the white of your tooth. Composite resin fillings, in comparison, can be created to exactly match the shade of your natural tooth.
Composite resin fillings are generally recommended for teeth that are highly visible or in the front of your mouth. If you have existing amalgam fillings, you may want to consider replacing them with composite resin for a more natural look, especially if they are leaking or causing other problems.
Composite resin can also be used in a process called bonding. Your dentist will apply the material in a putty-like state to the surface of your tooth to give it the perfect shape. The material hardens, and then your dentist trims and polishes it further to make it look flawless.
Schedule a Consultation Today!
Your first step toward the perfect smile is contacting our office to schedule a consultation. Dr. Foster will listen to your concerns and design a personal treatment plan!